Thursday, October 18, 2007

Ain't No Half Steppin': A Quick Rundown


So now that I have that first post out of the way, let me fill everyone in what to expect from this blog. We all love albums like "Illmatic" and "Ready to Die," but writing about them is like beating a dead horse. We all know they're dope but you don't need to read another article that's on their jock.

Instead I'm going to write about albums you might not have heard before, from the 80's to today. If it's good, I'll write about it. I'm definitely biased towards East Coast rap (can't lie), but hip-hop from all corners of the US and the globe will get respect here. Hip-hop is now bigger than the Bronx neighborhoods where it first started, and this blog will reflect that. Canada, France, and even countries like Madagascar and Mongolia will get mentions in international rap columns. I'm a fan of DJ's and turntablism, so I will definitely be highlighting some of those albums too (think DJ Qbert, DJ Faust, DJ Shadow etc.). One of my goals is to expose ya'll to some rap you might not have heard about it, and hopefully you all can expose me to some new shit in the process. A symbiotic relationship is a great way for this place to grow. Sometimes my picks will be obscure, sometimes not.

I was going to have some regular weekly features on certain days of the week, but for now I won't have a rigid schedule with that (although that may change). Here's a summary of some regular features I will have, with hopefully more to come:
  • Time Travelin': Highlighting an album from the 70's or 80's
  • It's Global: Highlighting an album from the growing international rap scene
  • Beef, it's What's for Dinner: Highlighting a beef in hip-hop history with all audio tracks.
  • On the 1's and 2's: Highlighting a DJ/Turntablism album
  • Philly's Own: Highlighting an album from my hometown of Philadelphia
More features to come...this will also be a place to write about whatever I want (only because I can), and this will be on anything hip-hop related, from news to op-ed style columns to pleas to artists to stop making wack shit!

As always, this is a work in progress so if you have any comments or suggestions drop me a line at anhsblog@gmail.com


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

good shit bro!! you deff. got the heart for this, hopefully i can learn much!!
peace

oh, and good topics!! look forward to seeing them

Anonymous said...

Yo, good luck with the site man :)

- Hippo (Albumbase)

Anonymous said...

nice, il be watchin this, good luck yunger

mega87 from "the 'base" LOL!

volume enhancer said...

increase your semen volume and count - pill sperm volume and aumentar volumen semen.